Thursday, August 28, 2008

natural rhythms


self-portrait, nikon d40

Lately, I've been working especially hard to honor my natural (and often emotional) rhythms. Sometimes this means reaching out. Connecting with others. Giving and receiving. But other times it means becoming quiet. Looking inward. And deepening my sense of self.

I'm feeling quiet at the moment. Actually, I've been feeling this way for nearly two weeks. But something tells me I'll be ready to come out of hiding again soon.

How do you honor your natural rhythms? I would love to know.

1 comment:

henrysmom said...

i try to listen carefully to what my mind is telling my heart. sometimes exhuberance, sometimes quietly social, sometimes restful & peaceful & quiet. when it starts leading me to the doldrums, i've learned to take a sharp turn away. that is a long road to travel. i found the biggest, quickest turn-around-er is to smile. big. with my whole face, including my eyes. a person cannot possibly be down with a huge grin plastered on their goofy face! and the endorphin rush is helpful! having battled depression most of my life, i found a smile beats any drug! Linda E.