Friday, August 15, 2008

it rings so true


red shoes,
nikon d80

Each week, I receive Rob Brezsny’s FreeWill Astrology Newsletter via e-mail. I can always count on his insightful words to get the wheels in my head turning…

CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19): It's clear to me that a part of you needs to come out of hiding. I'm not exactly sure what that means, though. Maybe there's a talent you've buried that's ready to emerge into the light. It could be that a question you've been trying to ignore is finally ripe to be asked. Perhaps you've been stoically putting up with a tweaked situation that you really should rise up and transform. What do you think it is, Capricorn?

(Check out your horoscope here.)

It’s the free-spirited part of me that needs to come out of hiding. The part of me that is wise and brave and joyful.

I can imagine myself fresh. Fearless. Full of wonder. With wide open eyes and a wide open heart. Wearing funky red shoes and handknit scarves. Breathing in nature. Dancing with the trees. Mingling with the butterflies.

I have so many dreams! I want to be an artist. A creative portrait photographer. And I’d like to dabble in mixed-media collage. (Perhaps I’ll mix the two together, somehow?)

I want to immerse myself in all things handmade. To sew. To knit. To gather and invent. I want my work to feel like play.

The thrilling part is that I can actually feel my spirit becoming more and more free. Slowly, gently, I am transforming into a more passionate version of me.

It's amazing to me that a horoscope can ring so true. ..


What part of you needs to come out of hiding?

2 comments:

liz elayne lamoreux said...

loving your photos! and those shoes are fantastic!

i found you through the SAW yahoo page. it is going to be such an incredible experience.

the pieces of me that need to come out of hiding...i love this question.
in this moment, the brave me needs to wave her hand and say, "i am here." yes, the brave me needs to come out of hiding.
(thanks for asking)

Kirsten Michelle said...

your photography is so beautiful!!!
i'm totally in love with those shoes ;-)

my friend liz elayne sent me the link to your page when she saw you and i would be in the same cabin at squam. when i read this post i couldn't help but think "how delightful!!!" ... hard to believe less then 3 weeks until we're immersed in all the loveliness of this amazing retreat.

i look forward to meeting you there!