Thursday, December 11, 2008

life's simple pleasures


pomanders, nikon d80

Now more than ever, I am realizing just how important it is to find joy in life's simple pleasures. Perhaps that's what inspired me to arrive at my sister's house with a crate full of clementines and a few jars of cloves. Together, we made pomanders by gently pressing the cloves into the clementines, creating pretty patterns. So simple to make, and they smell divine! I arranged mine in a bowl...they make a delightful centerpiece. I think we may have just started a new holiday tradition!

Be sure to check out this article for other do-it-yourself, eco-friendly holiday ornaments. Oh, and I'd love to hear about the simple pleasures you're enjoying this holiday season!

3 comments:

Steph said...

These look lovely. Life's simple pleasures indeed ...

Love Steph
xo

Amy said...

Loving the photography. You are incredibly talented.

Hope your having a wonderful season!

Amy

Spiral Bettie said...

Emily,
I was just checking in on Squam Sisters, and your blog is simply exciting! Your photos capture beauty you see. I hope the holidays find you well.

I have been enjoying the simple pleasure of a different flavor of coffee each morning over the holidays. Such power in buying more than one flavor at a time!!!

Merry Christmas!
Jacqueline